Good kickoff meeting this week for the Coalition. In addition to founding members GlassHouse, DataCore, Virsto, Pano Logic, Xiotech, and Silver Peak, a representative from Citrix also participated in the meeting.
The Importance of the Channel
All of the Coalition members go-to-market with channel partners, so an important focus area stemming from this week’s meeting will be to develop specific enablement activities for channel partners. These will be like “recipes” based on the overall reference architecture.
Major Milestones for 2011
We also charted the next six months of activity and determined major milestones. There will certainly be additional activities over the coming weeks and months.
Citrix Synergy, May 25 – 27
· Announcement of coalition reference architecture, with customer case studies
· Solution component guides by Coalition member organization, illustrating fit and value within architecture
· Starter kits for channel partners and end-users
· Citrix-specific product/solution updates from Coalition members
· Customer and partner reception (Date and Location TBA)
· Next in-person meeting of Coalition
VMWorld, Aug 29 – Sept 1
· Announcement of additional case studies, solution briefs, and VMware-specific product/solution updates.
· More to follow
A Value Proposition Update
The VDI Coalition’s mission is to develop and promote industry-oriented, open solution architectures for desktop virtualization. For end user customers, these solutions will accelerate time to value, significantly reduce implementation risk, and lower the implementation and ongoing management costs. For channel partners, these solutions will provide targeted enablement for multi-vendor solutions and ensure timely, risk-free deployments.
Thanks to Citrix for attending our kickoff meeting, as well as to Greg and VaNessa Duplessie for hosting the Coalition at the Exec Event in Palo Alto.
Stay tuned for more updates…